March 30, 2009

Plans for the Future

I think that my plans are a little more firm now than they were two days ago. At least one thing is now certain: I'm going back to school. In the short term this means NOVA. I already have a number of credits with them so I think I might be able to get my associates over the summer. After that George Mason seems like a good bet.

What should I do while taking classes? I'm not positive. I have enough money to live at least through the summer without working, but if I can find a way to supplement my income I think it will be for the best. Finding another job as a software developer would be good, but I'd probably not have enough time to study if it was full time. My folks have a whole list of ideas from substitute teacher to administrator that they thing that I could get and would be good at. If they're sufficiently part-time, they could be good work. Personally, I'd like to pass myself off as a independent developer, and if I'm not planning on trying to live off the money I make, this might work. I'd also like to work more on my startup project, but that might have to take a backseat projects with more immediate promise. We'll see.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

How are things going? It's been a little while since you posted this. Anything new to report?

9:18 AM, April 08, 2009  
Blogger Andrew Stine said...

There's not too much to report. I have an interview coming up probably, but that's about it on this topic.

There are other things I'll write on when I have time.

8:01 PM, April 20, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home