July 15, 2007

Bike broke... so sad.

My bicycle literally fell apart as I was riding it today. It was just under a year old and I didn't ride it all that much except during the summer, but it still fell apart. Basically what happened, but as I rode it across a relatively busy intersection, the gear which held the chain warped outwards, causing the chain to slip loose and carve itself into the plastic casing of the gear system. The chain irretrievably wedged itself in the casing and got stuck, causing my foot halt in place and rest of my body to lurch forward in a most uncomfortable manner. I had to call for ride home.

Fortunately, I have the car for the next week. Don't know what I'll do after that.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Ibid said...

That stinks. Are you gonna fix the bike?

8:29 AM, July 16, 2007  
Blogger Andrew Stine said...

If possible.

5:34 PM, July 16, 2007  
Blogger Ibid said...

If you need any help, just ask

I don't know what I can do, but allora.

5:57 AM, July 17, 2007  
Blogger Lost Noldo said...

That's not fun... Was it new-ish? I know you said it was a year old, but was it new a year ago or new to you? It's weird, I had a bike that belonged to my uncle that just kept going and going, and some of these newer bikes don't seem to last very long at all. Good luck on sorting out transport problems- in related news, the transmission and battery of our new-to-us car decided to die. >.< Such is life.

10:43 AM, July 22, 2007  
Blogger Andrew Stine said...

It was a Walmart bike, which mean I don't care much about it at all. The rear brake was already broken and the front wheel was warped beyond belief so it wasn't like it was a valuable loss.

Anyway, it still works. All I have to do is leave it on second gear and it doesn't seem to jump, so alls well for now.

7:26 PM, July 23, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home