June 20, 2007

I need to get out.

Well, this weekend anyway. If I don't, I'll probably end up painting my computer... again. That's right, I painted my computer last weekend and I'll do it again if I can't find something better to do. I came home and thought, what if it were red! And now it is red. Come monday it will have ornate stenciling and sooner or later I will end up pulling one of these! That is unless I get out.

In other news, I returned Mr. Sloan's books this sunday. For those who don't know, Mr. Sloan is an elderly ex collage (WestPoint) professor who has litterally hundreds of books that he is willing to loan to almost anyone who is interested. They are principly on Russian history and military history but he has most of the essentials on general history, philosophy, literature, etc. He has a very nice collection. Anyway, back in March, I asked to borrow some books on the battle of Borrodino for a paper and he loaned me a mountain of texts and atlases up to my thigh and tutored me on the entire Napoleonic campaign into Russian without my needing to ask (or consent really). Anyway, I got an A- on the paper and returned the books just this sunday. My. Sloan was waiting for me when I showed up, eager to discuss the paper my schooling and his library, and wouldn't let me leave without my borrowing another book. I'm now reading "The Shield of Achilles." If anybody lives in the area and is looking for a hard to find book on the topics of Russian of Military history (or any other really) you should give Mr Sloan a call. It'd make him happy and you'd probably win out as well.

Also, my brother is heading back to West Point this weekend. He's been home almost a month, which appearently is the longest break in the history of the Military Acadamy. It's always nice to have him around, but he gets on my nerves eventually so its also nice to see him go. He reads this, but if he doesn't like my writing about him he can just take another look at ******.**. If you don't know what I mean, consider yourself lucky.

It just clicked. Ryan & Maria's wedding is this weekend. I know what I'm going to be doing. See ya'll there.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home